Firstly, we are following all the advice from the NHS and Public Health England in regards to the best ways to lower the risk of coronavirus for anybody that walks through our doors. Even though the virus remains uncritical for most people, we feel it is important that everybody shows cautionary action. Therefore, we have put the following things into place for people that are visiting or working with us:
- We insist that every person uses an anti-bacterial hand sanitizer as they enter the practice – this is provided on the entrance to the building and will help to prevent the virus from being spread by contact.
- We have increased the cleaning of every area within the practice – including the waiting room, reception area, toilets and treatment rooms.
- We are making sure that every member of our staff is washing their hands even more regularly than normal and that they are following the NHS guidelines.
- We are taking increased care with the sanitation of the instruments that are used at any point to perform treatments that we give to patients.
- We are constantly improving our communication systems and health reminders from our administration team so that we can give expert advice to our staff and patients.
During this time, where coronavirus is at a high-spread rate, we ask any patients who are at high-risk (i.e. older adults and those with chronic medical conditions) to refrain from coming into the practice.
We want every one of our patients to know that London Dental Smiles is taking every precaution necessary to prevent the spread of the virus. However, as previously mentioned, we will continue to monitor this situation closely and adjust ourselves as we need to.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/